The Job Factory is recruiting on behalf of one of its customers a \" Financial Director \"
Key Customers :
Managing Director; Board of Directors; Board Committees; Management Team; and Employees
COMPANY OFFICE DRC shareholders; Financial institutions; Government; External and Internal Auditors; Insurance
Reports To : MD: COMPANY OFFICE DRC, with an indirect report to COMPANY OFFICE DRC in Sandton
- To be accountable and responsible for assisting in the achievement and delivery of the overall financial management goals and objectives of the company in accordance with financial and operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the strategic leadership in business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of corporate services with a view of enhancing company performance.
- Internationally recognised professional financial qualification or similar.
- qualified chartered accountant or international equivalent
- MBA would be advantageous
• More than 5 years senior financial management experience in an executive capacity
- Must have experience of financial management on the African continent
- Ability to effectively liaise and build relationships with various stakeholders
- Excellent leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- English speaking and the ability to converse in French will be an advantage
- Regular travel to the factory to ensure effective execution of the business strategies and performance targets.
- Preparation, consolidation and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual results of three operating companies
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Responsible to ensure that financial controls are adequate and consistently applied
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and THE COMPANY Limited Group financial reporting and corporate governance requirements
- Assist the MD in the setting and execution of the company strategic plans
- Preparation and reporting of company plans and rolling forecasts
- Effective management of the Information Technology, payroll and procurement departments
- Management of the company secretarial requirements
- Structured, aligned, and trained financial and administration staff
- Ensure that internal and external audit requirements are met
- Ensure compliance to all matters legal, taxation and statutory
- Implementation of adequate financial risk management strategies and processes (e.g. insurance)
- Financial evaluation of capital and commercial projects and measurement of projects against targets
- Ensure that products are costed accurately and advise on margin management
- Implementation of effective cash management processes
- Implementation of accurate cash forecating processes to plan for funding covenant and repayment requirements
- Working capital management (optimal stock control, accounts receivable and accounts payable management)
- Foster and cultivate good relationships with clients, represent the company and act as the principal contact person for financial institutions and other agencies.