AREA SALES MANAGER- CENTRAL AFRICA
The Job FACTORY recruiting on behalf of a client an Area Sales Manager- Central Africa
- REPORTS TO:General Manager- Africa
THE COMPANY is a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company employing over 12,000 people with presence in 40 countries. THE COMPANY in Africa is now looking for a highly motivated and self-driven professional for the position of Area Sales. Manager to develop and implement sales objectives in Central Africa. Ensure an efficient and effective operation in order to deliver the defined objectives. The position will be based in Kinshasa with regional travel
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Responsible for developing the annual and monthly sales plan, Product, Volume and Value wise in consonance with the annual business plan.
- Market Information – Regular visits to traditional & modern markets; collect & collate a database for competitive products, pricing, players; and other relevant details about supplier, importer & local distributor. Identify and exploit market opportunities for spikes in sales volumes as also combat competitor activity through appropriately designed sales promotion activity.
- Route to Market – Mapping & understanding the entire route to market & channel, from point of clearing at the port, all the way to the consumers.
- Regional Travel – Regular visits to regional markets; collecting relevant market information useful for positioning & extending the reach & penetration of our products and identifying key importers & distributors in respective markets.
- Report preparation – Regular report preparation for MIS purposes or, any specific information as desired from time to time.
- Business development – Identifying & meeting key importers in conjunction with manager in order to initiate business. Simultaneously, mapping key distributors in respective countries and persuade them to stock THE COMPANY products. Periodically review performance of distributor’s sales staff with the objective of improving performance, analyzing opportunities and building greater result orientation.
- Customer Service – Ensure customer relationships and service levels in term of order fulfilment, merchandising, in shop promos, frequency of service and complaints handling.
- Administer the credit policy of the company and ensure collections within the specified credit limits.
- Business communications – with importers or, key distributors, in conjunction with the manager, in order to initiate business.
- Other relevant information – liaising with relevant people in collecting data on imports from customs, market size estimation or, any other information as required from time to time.
Experience & Education
- Ideally 10-15 years of relevant functional experience in reputed Companies, in Consumer food Industry
- Age brackets between 30-45 years.
- Technical or functional qualification with a Management Degree/Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration with specialization in Sales & Distribution/Marketing from a reputed Business School.
- Track record of strong people leadership and distributor management
- Should be proficient in English and French language
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Sales budgeting and Forecasting
- Customer services
- Good understanding of Sales accounting
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Motivating, coaching and developing people
- Ability to solve conflicts
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communication, presentation and facilitation
Key Success Factors
- Profitable Selling
- DOTIF (Delivery on time in Full)
- Forecast accuracy
- Effective distributor management
- Customer Satisfaction targets
- French (mandatory)
- Proficient in English