THE JOB FACTORY recrute pour le compte d’un de ses clients un Chief Financial Officer
Job Description :
Main purpose of the job
- Set Bank DRC finance strategy
- Decision support and financial leadership to Board of Directors, SBG Executive Committee, management and staff.
- Management of the Bank’s long and short term financial planning
- Management and financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders including Standard Bank DRC Executive Committee, Bank Head Office, Central Bank of DRC, Board of Directors, DRC Stock Exchange and Shareholders.
- Ensure financial controls and disciplines are in place.
- Management of the Bank’s Tax affairs.
- Capital Management and regulatory reporting
- Maintenance of a management information system that adequately meets and addresses business needs.
- Liaison with Bank , External Auditors, Tax regulators, Central Bank of DRC
Key responsibilities :
- Participate in setting country strategy and objectives
- Setting the SBG finance strategy and objectives.
- Provide financial leadership to SBG.
- Reviewing and implementing sound financial accounting policies to achieve company’s strategic objectives
- Preparing accurate and timely financial reports to aid management decision making
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance reviews.
- Managing, reviewing and timeous reporting of the monthly financial results, quarterly, half-year and year-end reporting ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitoring revenue and expenditures, making recommendations and appropriate action to ensure sound financial controls
- Provide cost and benefit analysis to support all significant decisions in the bank.
- Maintain the integrity of the bank’s financial information.
- Written and oral reporting of strategic and financial issues to SBG Executive Committee, Standard Bank Africa Head Office and Board of Directors
- Managing the budgeting and planning process including forecasting.
- Regulatory reporting to Central Bank of DRC and South Africa Reserve Bank.
- Capital management, maximising profit and return on capital.
- Play the lead role in and manage the implementation of financial policies, procedures, and controls that are consistent with the rest of the Group.
- Overseeing the management information system and ensuring that it is adequately addresses business needs.
- Managing the taxation affairs of the Bank.
- Managing the annual statutory audit process.
- Setting the framework for developing a value added finance function that provides customer focused finance solutions to business problems.
- Liaison with external auditors, Group Internal Audit, client Head Office and Africa Tax.
- Playing a leading role in coaching and developing the finance team.
Key performance measures
- Effective management of the Bank’s short and long term financial planning
- Double turnover within the next three (3) years to five (5) years
- Provision of accurate and timely financial reports to aid management decision making
- Internal and external auditors can complete clean audit reviews of relevant areas of responsibility
- IFRS, best practices in Compliance with Statutory Requirements
- Key dimensions of the job (managerial positions only)
- Responsible for coaching and leading all staff in the department
- Contact point for all financial and management reporting queries from Management and the Group
- Responsible for all financial management and accounting of the Bank
- Integrating change management into programme delivery
- Constantly deal with Management and staff at all levels.
- External contacts: Board of Directors, SBG Executive Committee, Central Bank of DRC and South Africa Reserve Bank; Financial and Management Accounting Heads of other banks, External Auditors, DRC Stock Exchange; Shareholders; Tax agencies, Professional bodies etc.
- Problem solving, planning and decision making
- Problem diagnosis, analysis and risk management are key requirements of the role as decisions often need to be made within the context of limited time
- Apply solutions relevant to the complexity, scope and magnitude of problems impacting
- Resourceful, able to produce imaginative solutions to problems and suggest new ways to doing things
- Apply financial and management accounting standards, expertise and sound common sense to the overall management of the financial accounting function with the ability to harness the appropriate advice and assistance timeously
- Thinks through decisions prior to acting to get things ‘right the first time’
- Able to weigh things up quickly and take initiative within own limits
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies
- CA(SA), ACCA or other Post graduate degree
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience, of which 3 should be in a senior role in a financial institution.
- In depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- An understanding of DRC Taxation regulations.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access.
- Working knowledge of Bankmaster and Branchpower is added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Bank of DRC Banking Regulations. Working knowledge of South Africa Banking Regulations will be an added advantage.
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Strategic planning and management experience
- Experience in change management and has the ability to positiely lead change
Personal competencies :
- An appreciation and a good understanding of macro economics and external factors affecting the business strategies adopted, and market serviced by SBG.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data for acceptability and correctness.
- Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
- Ability and experience in communicating with all levels of management regarding management information needs.
- Good interpersonal skills required in liaising with people at different levels within the bank.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Dynamic self-starter with a personal ambition to succeed.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A person of high integrity.